Monday, April 09, 2007

T-Minus 4 days and counting

We have finalyzed our plans to fly back to Kaz on Friday, April 13th. No bad luck here this is all good news. As you know we received our Confirmation Number last week. Our Visas are being completed and our passports will be FedExed on Wednesday. Time to pack the bags and get moving. These last 3 months have really gone by quickly. We have kept busy with work, family and friends.

I remember when Amy and I were discussing which country to travel to for the adoption. I remeber saying in December or January of 05-06 that I did not want to take two trips to any country. Oh well. I guess that the Lord had plans for us all along and we just had to ride along and not worry. What an easy thing to say after 17 months of doing this. I also remember talking with Christine back in January of Feburary of 06 and she told us, "Oh will have you back before the summer is over!" Should have known then. I also remember telling my boss that I might not get to go the Las Vegas on 10/29 - 11/2 because I would be overseas. And we didnt travel until Dec 18th and here we are again on April 13th going again. Maybe one of these days I will stop and listen to Gods plan and not mine. What is it my dad always told me, " SON, you have 2 ears and one mouth. So, shut up and listen." Thanks dad, for that prophetic advice. Thats funny because I told my good friend Nathan the other day that he had two ears, two eyes and one mouth, so he should See and Listen twice as much as he talks.

Well anyway, enough of this chatter we have a trip to get packed for. Amy will be off on Thursday and Friday and I will be off Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. If anyone wants to join us, we are going to 8:15 am Mass on Friday to see Fr. Timby and to get a blessing. Anybody that can is more than welcome to come.

Alright, well I need to get back to work. Thanks for all the prayers and please keep them up. Also, thanks to the Woodard Family for all the advice. Kim you have been more help than you know.

David

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy and David,
I am so glad that we can be of some help! Amy, it was great hearing from you this week. I feel like part of my family is traveling to Pavlodar today. I cannot express how happy I am for the two of you! We will be checking the blog daily! Tell everyone in Pavlodar we said "Privet!"

Love,
The Woodard's

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy&David,
So Mrs.Allen said she would like to see the pictures.Every body wants to see the picts.Well I have to go read.BYE!

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy & David,
How are you?I am fine.I am about to go to school.Ya'll might be with AZ.I can't wait til you bring him home!Thanks for the pictures.Mom said she loves both of ya'll.Richard said he loves both of ya'll to.And ya'll know that I love ya'll too.