Saturday, April 14, 2007

Skype Works!!

Well we have made the first leg of our journey. We are in Amsterdam and waiting on our next flight to Kaz. Our flight was delayed by about an hour and a half due to lightning in Memphis. No big deal when you have a six hour layover.

The flight went much faster this time than the last. Maybe we are getting used to this. Still got movie butt on the plane but that is to be expected. A guy sitting next to Amy thought he knew us from somewhere. He and five others were on their way to Nigeria, Africa for a mission trip. He graduated from Millington HS in 95. I did not get his name but all of them were very interested in where we are going and our purpose.

Thanks again to Bobby and Kim, Skype works great. I just woke my dad up in Memphis at 6:22. It sounded as if he was only a block away.

Anyway, we are going to continue on with movie butt and get ready to fly on.

Have a great weekend.

Peace out,

David and Amy

6 comments:

Unknown said...

We are so happy you have made it to Amsterdam safely! It is 9:35 a.m. Memphis time and 4:35 p.m. Amsterdam. You will be leaving there in just a few hours. We are praying for a safe flight from there to Kazakhstan for you. We love you and of course, miss you terribly already!!! Can't wait to see pics!! Lots of love, Mom, Rick & Rebekah

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you have arrived in Pavlodar and are getting ready to see Az again. Today has been a beautiful but cool day here. We walked in the Fr. Rick 4k. The hills in Shelby Forrest are killers, but everyone completed the run/walk. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow. Chad got a cramp in his foot after we finished. Grandaddy stayed home and watched the girls. Maybe next year we can all go. There were lots of kids and folks from OLS that we haveen't seen in a long time it was a gerat day. I say Sydney, but never got a change to talk with her. Let us know how your first visit goes. Give the little man a big hug and kiss from Gran and Grandaddy. We can't wait to hear about your visit. Miss you bunches, Love Mom

Anonymous said...

hey guys jsut thought i would try to leave you a message for up at work love you you are in our thoughts every minute love dad and pat!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy & David this is soooo exciting!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see more pictures! I would love to be a fly on the wall and watch this wonderful reunion!! God has blessed you and will continue to do so. You have always been in my prayers and will continue to be. Give Will a hug from Aunt Sherry! Love and prayers to all three of you!!

Aunt Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hey David and Amy,
I was just catching up on everything and starting thinking about you, David and your dad. Remember the morning up at P&T when you and your dad were telling stories of you and Chad's teenage years? I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life. I bring this up, because I know that you will be sharing the same type stories when Az grows up. You guys are in my prayers. -- Love you Libi Maniace

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy and David! So I heard that little Will is walking and he is growing. Give him a hug and kiss for me. Tell him Auntie Rebekah loves him and can't wait to see him and hug him myself! I miss ya'll so much and I miss little Will. I have been waiting a long time and so have you to bring him home in your arms and I will get to hold him in my arms too. I can't wait until you get home with little Will. Better go for now, bye. I love you and I pray for you every day!
Love, Rebekah