Saturday, December 16, 2006

It's Saturday already!!!!!

Well time really flies when you are getting ready to begin a life altering journey. Just two days ago we had a thousand things to do and no time to even sleep. Today is a new day with a brand new list of things to accomplish and for the first time in a long while our list is limited to only 7 things to do. After that our brains went blank. Thank goodness for that.

We received our Visas and Passports back from NY yesterday afternoon. We made some copies and all we lacked was a final packet from our agency. Until this morning, Melody called bright and early and we are now going to drive over and pick up the final piece.

We have our bags packed, for the most part. All of our clothes and everything are ready and packed in vacume bags. We just have to be sure and not go over 40 pounds per bag. We were a little heavy yesterday and I think we have that worked out. We will find out for sure this afternoon.

Well I dont know if I have anything else to say. I hope everyone has a good day. Tomorrow is getting here faster than I ever thought it would. I think that we are ready. Please keep in touch here or feel free to email us. Our next post will probably be from either Amsterdam or Almaty.

Thanks for all the prayers and keep up the good work.

Sincerely,
David and Amy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ams and Dave! We are SOOOOO excited for you guys. You are in for such a fun and rewarding adventure. Have fun, stay warm and take lots of pictures. Also keep a journal so you can read back and remember everything. We can't wait to see/hear how everything went and meet Will when he gets home. Love you! Em & Rob

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!
We are so excited for you! It brings back all of the memories of our adventure to get Colin and Katie a year ago! You are probably traveling as I write this to you. Happy Trails! Teri and Hans

Lisa Hudson said...

Hello David & Amy!

I was so thrilled to see your announcement in the church bulletin yesterday and couldn't wait to read about your journey! I am looking forward to meeting your son! Enjoy your wonderful experience and take lots of pictures - I've never been there and have no plans of going, so I'll just have to live through you two!! Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Dave and Maymee, It's Monday evening at 8:42 pm and Dad and I have tracked your flights since we left you at Mphs International. I only got up once during the night Sunday to track your flight. Living in this age of technology is wonderful! At least I have some idea of where you are in the journey. Can't wait to hear from you and see pictures. Jack is adjusting to life at Gran and Grandaddy's house. I think he misses you, but he is doing just fine. We love you both and miss you already. Write soon!!!!! Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hello my friends! I just read the saturday post. It sounded like everything was falling into place for your journey. I'm sendig good "Karma" your way and know that your UT family is cheering you on!

Love from Tennessee....
Rikki

Anonymous said...

David and Amy,

Well you should be in Pavlador by now. I hope you enjoyed the flight and I know if you haven't made it to meet your son yet, you are probably counting the hours/minutes until you actually do. I know when you see his face all of the weeks/months/years will seem but a moment in time to the joy that you will have. Congratulations, and we at Del-Nat are anxiously awaiting your return.

Brian